This past weekend my stake had our women's conference. The guest was Hilary Weeks!!!! Being that she is my all time favorite artist I was super excited to go and hear her! I have all of her Cd's and her book, and have truly been blessed by hearing her music. I first came to know of her while on my mission. I had a difficult time with one of my companions and it was during this time that one of the other sister missionaries introduced me to her music. I gained strength and wisdom from these songs that I needed. I have enjoyed as she has written more music and I am right there to buy her new Cd's when they come out. My sister Sarah is also a huge fan, and I knew that she had to come along! We had an awesome experience!!! It was super fun to listen to her and to feel of her testimony of those things that she has written music about.
When we first arrived she (Hilary) was walking to the drinking fountain--perfect we could talk to her!! We told her that we were her biggest fans, she was super kind and asked us where we had been hiding all this time! We chatted for a few minutes and told her of the influence that her music has had on us- it was fun to connect with her and chat to a very down to earth person- and then we headed to the conference. We sat right in front so that we could have a good view and hear well. She shared some songs as well as words with us that were perfect for me! She has such a way of conveying the spirit and it was awesome to be there. After the conference was over we headed up to the stand to tell her once again of our appreciation, we had a little token of thanks along with a card that we had written for her. We expressed our thanks and handed the gift to her. She was surprised, but shouldn't be as she is amazing, and said you guys really do like me!!! We told her we weren't kidding we really are her biggest fans!!!
What a great experience to be with her. As we left we talked about how humble she is and the great influence she has had on our lives. I am ever thankful that she has used the talents that she has been given from Our Father in Heaven to bless so many peoples lives. As I think of her I am reminded that we all have something that we have been given from God. We might not be a singer who sings beautiful songs, a skilled physician who heals people, or an artist who paints masterpieces. But each of us have something that we have be given to bless others lives. A sister, mother, brother, father, teacher, friend, or any other role we may have is no less important or makes no less of an impact on others lives.
I have been truly blessed by so many who have been given talents that they use to bless my life. I am a better person because of so many great people! If you have never heard her music I encourage you to do so, I promise that you will not be disappointed! www.hilaryweeks.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So fun you got to meet her! I really love her music too. Her song "Carry You" has been such a comfort to me...especially lately.
That's awesome! I love her music too! What a treat to meet her!
Lucky you! I love her music too!
Post a Comment