Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Dude!!!!



Today is my brother in law Spencer's birthday! Happy Birthday Dude!!! Spence is a great addition to our family in many ways. He is a great cook!! He can always be counted on for some good eats.....which is a good thing cause Mandy doesn't cook at all! He makes all sorts of things and they have always been a hit! Although he doesn't like chocolate......how did he get in the family??? He is a wonderful dad....he and Lilly get along well and he is always taking her to all kinds of fun adventures. Just a week or so ago he took her to hit some balls on the golf course that was after he bought her a set of clubs! He likes to golf. :) He is an avid Utah fan, he has tickets to both basketball and football with family and friends and supports them whole heartedly....once again how did he get in the family???

He has often been working on getting in better shape...although he has never needed it. One time one of my sisters or mom asked what diet plan he was doing and he said "Body by Spence!" It has been a running joke in our family that whenever he is trying to loose a few pounds he is on that diet. It seems to work though cause he is always in good shape. He has done a few bike races as well as triathlons. Last summer he ran the Wasatch Back with some of our cousins. He is an inspiration to me and I have enjoyed cheering him on during his events on a few occasions. Although I don't think that I will be doing a tri anytime soon! He also played soccer in college.

He has always been there for me in all the events of my life, coming to all the events that I have been involved in. He gave me advice as I left on my mission and cheered as I graduated from college. He can always been counted on to cheat while playing Boggle---he loves to make up words!!! Which isn't a good thing since my mom is an English teacher, but he sure makes a valiant effort to get points!!

Spence I hope that you have a great day and know that I appreciate you in the family!! Thanks for your sense of humor. Happy Birthday!!!

1 comment:

Johny and Sarah said...

I love the first photo....
although the photo with the bow in his hair would have been classic!