I feel like December is going to do the same thing to me that November did---pass by without me noticing. But I am not going to let it! I have been a slacker on getting my camera out when I have done fun things--so sorry this will be a photo less entry! This month has already been a crazy one!
I have been having a great time thus far in December. I have been to a few parties which have been fun. I have tended for my sister so that she could go to a few parties. I have worked, worked, and worked some more. But as always I have managed to play a bit too! I am getting better at rock band...I may have to invest in my own one of these days!
Last week we celebrated Audrie's 2nd birthday. It was fun to have the family together. And when all the cousins get together they seem to feed off of one another, it is like a comedy show! It was fun to watch them. Lilly was being especially funny this night. When she came in she said to her dad, "Why didn't we say surprise?" He explained that it wasn't a surprise party. But she wouldn't have that. She then says, "Guys, I have an idea! ; Let's say surprise on the count of three!" I couldn't believe that she would even think of this! She has such a cute personality and is so smart! What a blessing she is in our family!
I spent last Saturday doing some Christmas things! My mom and I spent a couple of hours in a fabric store! Now this isn't my all time favorite thing to do, but she is helping me or I guess I should say she is sewing some presents for me and we needed to pick out the fabric. She has such a good eye for what goes well together and can see the finished product by just looking at the fabric! We had fun looking at all the fabric and getting some great ideas! What a blessing she is to me in so many ways! She creates beautiful things for others and I enjoy seeing her creativity come out in her creations! I wish that I had her talent for sewing, but I don't have the patience to try---maybe one day!
I also had the opportunity to go to the Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert. It was awesome---I love music---singing, playing the piano, and listening to people sing! As a child we had a tradition that when we turned 8 we were able to go a production of Handel's Messiah with our parents. It has been sometime since we went, but I still remember the feelings that it brought to me of Christmastime as we listened. I enjoy listening to it on CD many times throughout the month and was very happy when the choir sang a couple of numbers from it.
My mom has a tradition of making gingerbread houses with the grand kids. This past Sunday was the time for creating masterpieces! Even though I don't have kids I get to come--I love it! We changed it up a bit and decorated cookies and made houses out of graham crackers! All of the kids were in rare form! They were super good about waiting their turns for the frosting and having help from the adults. All of them created something unique to their personalities and ages and were super excited about what they had created! They played well together and were all quite funny! Lilly insisted that we all play the quiet game multiple times, and the other cousins seemed to be okay with it a few times. They ran around like crazy, ate tons of candy. and left happy! It was a good time!
I love the holiday season for so many reasons, but one is for the time that it gives me to spend with my family. They mean so much to me and I am thankful for what they bring into my life. Each one of them teach me something important and who I am is a reflection of many of them. I love them all more than I think they know! Each of them has a special place in my heart! Thanks for being so great to me! And I can't forget to mention those who have gone before. I have many wonderful ancestors who have created many wonderful memories in my life and who gave so much for me to have what I have today. I am especially thankful for my grandparents, they were a key part of my life and I miss them dearly especially at this time of year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
it sounds like you have had a crazy but great month so far and I hope that it continues to be a great time for you.
loves and hugs
our family rocks!!! Lilly is a whoot!!
Loves
Post a Comment