I babysat for my sister Sarah on Saturday. Audrie has a personality all her own and it is super fun to spend time with her. I love tending her (and all of my nieces and nephews for that matter) because she reminds me of important things in life. She is named after my paternal grandmother and has a lot of the same personality traits! This past week I sure needed a reminder! While I was tending she needed a nap and so we read a few stories and then I told her that I would rock her and rub her back so that she could fall asleep. I began singing to her softly. As I did I was taken back in time. My sister lives in my grandparents old house and each time I visit there I am reminded of so many good memories of my own childhood. And this day one of them. As I rocked her to sleep I was reminded of times when we slept over at Nana's house and she sang primary songs to us before bed or as we spent time with her. I could feel her presence there with us and know that she still loves me dearly. Having sweet Audrie in my arms also reminded me that I am loved by people here on earth. What a precious moment to remind me of what is important, to take a step back and be filled with love and joy! She has been a huge blessing in my life in so many ways and I am thankful to Sarah and John for letting me steal her away at times! Her smiling face means the world to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow, Rach what an amazing post and so true that it is a blessing in life to be reminded of what we have and of the amazing people in our lives that love us and whom we love.
Ahh, that is awesome! I love those moments when we realize the whole "plan" of things and the veil almost seems so thin that everything makes sense. Sounds like you had one of those moments. Hey, wanna come steal my kids sometime! You sound like you are an awesome babysitter!
hi rachael...it's allison!!! i'll have to admit i saw your blog from ambers and snooped!!! how are you?!?
My daughter is by far the best!! What can I say. thanks for babysitting....it was nice to get away even if we had a third wheel......Loves
Post a Comment