Monday, December 7, 2009

Tis the Season.....

This past week has been a crazy one but in the midst of it all I have had time to reflect on the good things as well. I volunteered at the Festival of Trees one night and then went to look at the trees another night. I am so thankful for the good that so many people do for children and families in need. I am always amazed and come away feeling so good to see charity in action. I know that we in our family have been blessed by the services that they offer there. Two of my nieces have been taken care of there and one of those two will still need services in the future. As well as countless extended family, friends, neighbors and associates who have been blessed by the good that they do there. As I worked and browsed I couldn't help but be filled with emotion at the good that was being done right before my eyes. And thankful that there are generous people in the world.

I also had a lovely reminder of what Christmas is all about with my darling niece Lilly. She had come along with my parents and I to festival and enjoyed seeing the sights. One of which was a nativity scene with Baby Jesus. I don't know the conversation that she and my mom had but I am sure they had a talk about who he was. Off and on that night we had been talking about how much we loved each other by showing with our arms. When we returned to their house we went into the living room where my parents have a statue of The Savior. She asked me who that was and I proceeded to tell her that it was The Savior, just like the one she had seen in the manger but this was grown up Jesus. She asked me how much He loved us and I proceeded to show her with my arms like we had done all night. I opened them as wide as I could and said this is how much He loves us. She looked at me with such a caring and deep look on her face and said "That is a whole bunch Rae Rae!" Boy is she right! It was so nice to have the reminder from a little child that the love that Our Savior has for us really is a WHOLE BUNCH!!! I am thankful for the little experiences like this one that remind me of His love for me. I know He loves each of us a lot more than we can ever imagine and he loves us no matter what!! And His love is what we should sharing all through the year not just when we celebrate His birth.

I love the sights, sounds, and smells of Christmas. But most important I enjoy the feelings of the season. May we all share those and keep them near in our hearts.

1 comment:

Johny and Sarah said...

I love that Lilly girl! thanks for sharing the story!